Are you mindful?
When trying to assess how mindful you are by nature, consider the following points.
Over the last few days, have you found yourself…
- Unable to remember what others have said during conversations?
- With no recollection of how you got somewhere or what you were intended to do?
- Eating while multitasking, without tasting your food?
- Paying more attention to your electronic device(s) than to your loved ones?
- Dwelling on the past or worrying about the future?
- Believing every thought that your mind comes up with?
The more you answered yes, the less mindful you probably are.
And you are not alone: most of us live a considerable part of our life on autopilot, not being aware of what is going on around us, and inside of us. As a consequence, we are like a feather in the wind, instead of the captain of our life.